DIY Mushroom Cultivation: Growing Mushrooms at Home for Food, Medicine, and Soil
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Standard domestic shipping is included.
Adding product to your cart
SPECIAL ORDER: Expect delivery 1-2 weeks after an order is placed.
|Author / Contributor(s):||Willoughby Arevalo|
|Publisher:||New Society Publishers|
Trade paperback (US). 208p.
Bring mushrooms into your life as you dive into the practice of home-scale mushroom cultivation
With applications in permaculture, urban farming, cooking, natural medicine, and the arts, interest in home-scale mushroom cultivation is exploding. Yet many beginners remain daunted by the perceived complexity of working with fungi.
DIY Mushroom Cultivation is the remedy, presenting proven, reliable, low-cost techniques for home-scale cultivation that eliminate the need for a clean-air lab space to grow various mushrooms and their mycelium.
Beautiful full-color photos and step-by-step instructions accompany a foundation of mushroom biology and ecology to support a holistic understanding of the practice. Growing techniques are applicable year-round, for any space from house to apartment, and for any climate, budget, or goal. Techniques include:
- Setting up a home growing space
- Inexpensive, simple DIY equipment
- Culture creation from mushroom tissue or spores
- Growing and using liquid cultures and grain spawn
- Growing mushrooms on waste streams
- Indoor fruiting
- Outdoor mushroom gardens and logs
- Harvesting, processing, tinctures, and cooking.
Whether you hunt mushrooms or dream about growing and working with them but feel constrained by a small living space, DIY Mushroom Cultivation is the ideal guide for getting started in the fascinating and delicious world of fungiculture.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.