|Author/Contributor(s):||Fuhrmann, Geri S W ; Zibbell, Robert A|
|Publisher:||Oxford University Press, USA|
- Boxes that zero in on important information for use in evaluations
- Tips for best practice and cautions against common pitfalls
- Highlighting of relevant case law and statutes
- Separate list of assessment tools for easy reference
- Helpful glossary of key terms for the particular topic In making recommendations for best practice, authors consider empirical support, legal relevance, and consistency with ethical and professional standards. These volumes offer invaluable guidance for anyone involved in conducting or using forensic evaluations. Child custody cases represent one of the most complex areas of forensic mental health assessment. The evaluations are highly specialized, requiring expertise in child development and psychopathology and a thorough understanding of the professional and ethical guidelines for child custody evaluations. This volume, written by two child custody examiners with years of experience and an exceptional depth of understanding of the area, synthesizes the highest quality of work in the field to articulate the best practices for these evaluations based upon professional guidelines, law, and research.