|Hopkinson, Deborah ; So, Meilo
- An empowering, classroom-ready read
- The protagonist is a girl whose family has recently immigrated to the United States. I know what to look for: large black-and-orange wings with a border of small white specks, flitting from flower to flower, sipping nectar. But though I looked hard, I couldn't find even one. I wondered if monarch butterflies belonged here. I wondered if I did, too. Butterflies Belong Here is proof that even the smallest of us are capable of amazing transformations. - Equal parts educational and heartwarming, this makes a great gift for parents and grandparents, as well as librarians, science teachers, and educators.
- Those interested in beautiful butterflies and everyday activism will find this lovely book both motivating and inspiring.
- Perfect for children ages 5 to 8 years old
- Add it to the shelf with books like Thank You, Earth: A Love Letter to Our Planet by April Pulley Sayre, The Honeybee by Kirsten Hall, and Greta and the Giants: Inspired by Greta Thunberg's Stand to Save the World by ZoÃ« Tucker