|Author/Contributor(s):||Faber, Adele ; Mazlish, Elaine|
|Publisher:||Scribner Book Company|
- Express your strong feelings without being hurtful
- Engage your child's willing cooperation
- Set firm limits and maintain goodwill
- Use alternatives to punishment that promote self-discipline
- Understand the difference between helpful and unhelpful praise
- Resolve family conflicts peacefully Enthusiastically praised by parents and professionals around the world, Faber and Mazlish's down-to-earth, respectful approach makes relationships with children of all ages less stressful and more rewarding.