|Publisher:||Lowry House Publishers|
The inspiring, funny, and information-packed underground classic is back-in a completely revised and updated thirtieth anniversary edition.
The Teenage Liberation Handbook is (still) the only complete guide to unschooling written for youth. It tackles everything
- why to consider self-directed education
- communicating with reluctant parents
- "getting a social life without proms"
- designing a "tailor-made intellectual extravaganza" and getting into college
- finding great mentors, apprenticeships, and volunteer positions
Devoted fans of the Handbook include not only teenagers and college students but also thousands of parents, teachers, young adult librarians, school counselors, and college professors. The new edition is loaded with updated resource sections, a thoughtful new introduction, and refreshed text throughout.