|Author/Contributor(s):||Polin Ph D, Bonnie Sanders ; Giedt, Frances ; Joslin Diabetes Center, Staff Of|
During the last decade, major changes in the approach to dietary treatment of diabetes have occurred. Today it is widely recognized that people with diabetes can enjoy a high-carbohydrate meal plan low in animal proteins and saturated fat and get the nutrition they need to stay healthy and energetic. Now The Joslin Diabetes Healthy Carbohydrate Cookbook offers tasty and easy-to-prepare recipes that provide necessary protein in the form of beans, lentils, and tofu and take full advantage of the bounty of vegetables, fruits, herbs, and spices available year-round. Dishes such as Vietnamese Imperial Rolls with Peanut Dipping Sauce, Belgian Endive and Watercress Salad with Blue Cheese Toasts, Pumpkin Ravioli with Mushroom Ragout, and Star Fruit Upside-Down Cake prove that living with diabetes does not mean eating bland, tasteless foods.
The Joslin Diabetes Healthy Carbohydrate Cookbook features:
- 175 delicious and healthful recipes for appetizers; soups and stews; salads; sandwiches and pizzas; pasta, grains, and tofu; and desserts
- A complete guide to stocking your healthy pantry
- Informative sidebars on a variety of topics, including tips for perfect risotto, how to buy and prepare tofu, a primer on lettuce and greens, and cooking with artificial sweeteners
- Nutritional analysis and Joslin Choice information for every recipe
- A three-week menu plan that takes the guesswork out of preparing meals
Whether you are living with diabetes or are simply in search of flavorsome, nourishing food for yourself and your family, the creative and fresh-tasting recipes and helpful information in this book will make The Joslin Diabetes Healthy Carbohydrate Cookbook an invaluable companion in your kitchen.