|Author/Contributor(s):||Gooch, Graham ; Williams, Michael|
|Publisher:||Oxford University Press, USA|
A Dictionary of Law Enforcement is the only dictionary available with a primary focus on UK law enforcement terms. Succinct and practical in its approach, it contains over 3,400 entries covering ever aspect of this diverse field, including terms related to law, pathology, forensic medicine, accountancy, insurance, shipping, commerce and trade, criminology, and psychology. Entries are supported by a wealth of practical information, including (where appropriate) citations and references to statutes and legislation.
In addition to the definitions, the dictionary also contains five useful appendices: Abbreviations and Acronyms, Recordable Offences, Disclosure Code, Disclosure Guidelines and Disclosure Protocol..
Written by two former police officers, both now lecturers in law and criminal investigation, the dictionary fills a significant gap in the law market and will be invaluable to police officers and trainee officers, students and lecturers of criminology, criminal justice, and police studies, and other professionals needing clear definitions of law enforcement terms.
- The only available dictionary focusing on UK law enforcement terms
- Over 3,400 entries cover law, pathology, forensic medicine, accountancy, insurance, shipping, commerce and trade, criminology and psychology
- Targets the terms used on criminology, criminal justice, and police studies courses
- Contains citations where appropriate, and references to statutes and legislation
- Fully cross-referenced for ease of use