Note: This listing lets you purchase the book for donation to Great Falls Books through Bars. If you order this book, it will be delivered directly to them and not to you.
Here's your chance to become a more efficient carpenter. Larry Haun has been a production framer for more than 35 years and a teacher of apprentices for more than 20. In this book, Haun shows you, step by step, all the techniques he uses to frame a basic house, from laying down the sills to cutting the rafters. You'll learn about:
- cutting and installing posts and girders
- joisting and sheathing fluently
- laying out, cutting, assembling, and raising walls
- framing gable roofs, hips and valleys, and truss roofs
- building various types of stairs
There is an opening chapter on tools, plans, codes, permits, lumber, and materials, and additional information throughout the book on safety and site-built tools. The Very Efficient Carpenter is no less than a complete course in basic framing.